Monday, October 15, 2012

WebQuest

Prior to this assignment I have never heard of webquests; honestly at first I struggled with the concept behind them and its purpose. However after much research and viewing many different examples of webquests, I finally have a better understanding of how they work. I found it interesting to search through different subjects and topics of web quest on the Internet. I came across many topics that my students are learning  currently in class. I can’t wait to share the idea of webquest to my cooperating teacher; hopefully the children can have the opportunity to complete a web quest. I think it is a good idea for my fourth graders because they still struggle with their researching skills; that is why webquest is such a great tool because all the links are provided at ease for the students, so they will not waste as much time asking which website to go on. Instead they can spend time reading and gathering their facts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment