Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Nutrition Spreadsheet

                       I really enjoyed last week's assignment using the nutrition facts of Panera Bread to create my own meal. I can see excel being used across various different subjects and age groups. I can see this assignment being a great way to incorporate healthy eating habits for my students. It would be a great interdisciplinary tool to combine technology, math, and health into one lesson. This assignment made me aware how easily available nutrient facts are online. I would take this opportunity to teach my students how to read nutrient labels and explain percentages. I think the math options are endless and also more importantly using this in the classroom will make children more conscience of what they are actually eating. By using technology children will be excited to learn and participate in the lesson and it also might help those who struggle in math but love technology succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment