Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Story Bird!

I have never heard of Story Bird, but i'm so glad that i got introduced to it this week! I love the idea behind it, it reminds me of photo books I have made before in the past on shutterfly.com. As an adult I love being able to create a book online and then see it come to life. I know from experience with my own nephew and younger cousins they are elated when they see their own pictures or story in an actual book. Story bird lets you personalize and create your own story and then you can actually order it and see it come to life (sort of speak). My only criticism with the site is that i was unable to really personalize my book with my own art or pictures. I wish they would give you more creative freedom and colors etc. Overall though, I feel this is a good way to engage students and let them publish their own story online. This will give them pride and an incentive to write their own stories.

I also enjoyed reading through my classmates stories; everyone had their own unique take on it! I would love to see what my own students would create using Story Bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment